LENGTHS: 8' & TREELENGTH
SPEC. # 60
04/22/17 HARDWOOD PULP 60
8'-16’ & TREELENGTH
DELIVERED TO: Woodland Pulp LLC, WOODLAND, MAINE
SPECIES: Maple, Birch, Ash, Oak, Beech, and Basswood
(Maximum of 10% Poplar per load & Oak deliveries require prior approval)
DIAMETERS TL Hardwood - 12' to 50'
& LENGTH: - Minimum Top - 4"
- Maximum Butt - 25" inside bark
8' – 16’ - Minimum Top - 2"
- Maximum Butt - 27" inside bark
AGE: Maximum of 3 months off the stump and cut from live trees.
SWEEP -Stems must be able to pass through an 8’cylinder 30” in diameter for 8’ – 16’ and an 8’ cylinder 25” in diameter for treelength.
KNOTS - Knots must be trimmed flush with the stem.
ROT - Rot should be kept to a minimum. Firm heart rot is acceptable.
Hollow heart is acceptable as long as there is 3" of sound wood
surrounding the hole.
UNACCEPTABLE - Forks, crotches, doglegs, splits, burned or charred wood, excessive crooks.
No discounts or deductions will be made for defects but if, in the Scaler's judgement, the load does not meet the above Wood Quality Specifications, it will be rejected.
DELIVERED PRICE / TON
Cont. # 5 - Woodland - $60.34
DELIVERED PRICING ONLY – Effective May 22/17
Prior to Harvest or Delivery:
Contact SNB with your planned hardwood volumes for this year.
RAYMOND WEBSTER 432-3670
Please review additional attached information prior to delivering to Woodland Pulp.
Wood Specifications & Delivery Request
All roundwood loads should be prepared for unloading by overhead cranes.
A. Headboards are required on all log trucks.
B. Headboard must extend 12” above cab.
C. Inadequate headboard protection could result in cab damage. Claims for tractor damage will be denied if headboard protection is inadequate.
D. Tops should not stick over headboard.
2. Stakes – Trailer stakes should be a minimum of 8’ apart.
3. Load height
All pieces must rest with at least one half of their diameter below the top of any trailer stake.
A. Bunks on frame trailers must be a least 8’ above top of the frame.
B. Trailers must be equipped with risers at least 6” thick and firmly attached to the trailer.
C. Multiple Bunks – cut to length loads should have 1 foot separation between bunks to allow inspection.
A. Two tier and Split loads – All loads with butts both ways must be equipped with two (2) dividers between the tiers. The front divider must be at least 8” thick and the rear divider must be at least 12” thick. The bottom tier should have the butts facing forward.
B. Single Tier – No load dividers are required on single tier loads with all butts facing forward.
C. Risers –Bottom Tier must have at least 6” risers unless drop deck or rail frame leaves room for grapple bite.
D. All bottom and single tier loads should be loaded butts forward unless prior arrangement with your Procurement Forester has been made.
6. Securing Loads – Loads must meet State of Maine requirements for binding and securing the load to the trailer.
Wood Specifications & Delivery Instructions
Safety Gear for Truck Drivers
The following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required for all drivers entering the mill property. All drivers delivering to mills must be prepared to exit their trucks.
1. Hard Hat
2. Safety shoes or boots
3. Safety glasses with side shields or safety goggles
4. Safety Vest
Shorts and sandals are not acceptable. Guards at the specific mills will enforce this policy – Scalers will warn drivers when they observe inadequate dress or PPE. All PPE must meet or exceed current OSHA or MSA specifications. Tyvek coveralls appropriate for one time use are available for purchase at the scale house.
Safety Requirements and Mill Site Procedures
1. Do not unbind or uncover your load until inside the mill at the area designated for unbinding or uncovering.
A. Fulghum – After crossing railroad tracks
B. Kraft Mill – Beside or in front of chip dumpers
2. If any piece of the load extends more than half the diameter of that piece above stakes, the load will be refused for unloading.
3. Stop at marked Railroad Crossings.
4. Do not stop on railroad tracks – your truck, trailer, and load must be at least 10 feet clear of any track when your vehicle stops. Orange flashing light signals train operating in area.
5. Observe posted speed limits and stop signs. Other drivers and pedestrians are counting on your compliance.
6. Drivers are to exit their trucks and stand two trucks lengths clear of unloading operations unless the loader operator instructs otherwise. At Fulghum, drivers are to be in the yellow driver hut.
7. At Fulghum, the drivers hut has a CB radio for communications with the loader operator. You can assist the loader operator by use of this radio.
8. Clean off trucks after leaving scale house in the designated area – ask crane operator for instructions.
9. If you are injured in any way on the mill site report it to the nearest mill personnel.
10. If you are involved in an accident, or observe an accident, report it immediately to the nearest mill personnel.
Wood Specifications & Delivery Instructions
Damage During Unloading
1. If your equipment is damaged during unloading immediately report the damage to the loader operator.
2. The loader operator will instruct you where to go to complete reporting.
a. Fulghum Fibres….Mark Seavey or Shift Supervisor
b. Kraft Mill….Operator or Guard House
3. Do NOT leave the mill premises before reporting any damage.
4. Scalers are not able to assist in reporting damage to equipment. If a loader operator tells you there is a risk of damage because of the way a load was prepared, unloading proceeds at the drivers option; however, any subsequent damage will not be covered by Fulghum Fibres, or Woodland Pulp LLC.
Additional Information for Drivers
1. A bathroom is available for truck drivers at the Scale House. This is the only toilet near unloading facilities.
2. Passengers are not allowed on mill property unless the contractor delivering wood employs them. Adult passengers may wait in the Scale House.
3. Pets are not allowed on mill property.
4. Weapons of any sort are not allowed on mill property.
5. Trailers are to be cleaned off in the designated area beside the Scale House. Risers may be discarded here also.
Hours of Operation and Schedule
For current hours and days of operation contact you’re Procurement Forester or the Scale House phone is (207) 427-3311, ext 4730.
CB Radio Frequencies
Fulghum Fibres Chip Plant……………………10
(19 is not monitored by mill personnel)
SNB Wood Co-operative Ltd.
13 Drurys Cove Rd.
P.O. Box 4473
Sussex, New Brunswick, E4E 5L6
Phone: 1-506-433-9860 / 1-888-762-1555
SNB Forest Products Marketing Board
© 2017 - All Rights Reserved.